Protecting your home and property is important for your peace of mind. In Florida, protection from high velocity wind is a must. Protect your home with a wind mitigation inspection.
In a hurricane or other severe storm, homes can be battered by heavy winds and flying debris. Wind-damage mitigation features protect against wind damage by helping your home withstand these conditions. By documenting the presence of qualifying mitigation features on your home may save you money by helping you qualify for mitigation discounts on your insurance policy.
What are some common wind mitigation features?
1. Doors and windows designed to withstand wind pressure and projectiles.
2. Storm shutters or panels that protect your windows and other openings from wind, rain and projectiles.
3. Roofs rated to resist high winds and water intrusion.
4. Attachments that connect walls and roofs and prevent the roof from blowing off.
5. Roof and building shapes that are more resistant to high winds.
Wind mitigation is a designed to limit the amount of wind damage on a home. Various incentives are in place to motivate homeowners to implement these enhancements, and qualified inspectors can determine which improvements are necessary. And by documenting the presence of these features on your home by an authorized wind mitigation inspector may save you money. Do you qualify you for wind-mitigation discounts on your policy? Call us today and protect your home with a wind mitigation inspection.